Subject: Re: [Leica] Film & Airport Security X-Ray Machines
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 23:05:33 +0100

Bernard,

The questioner was talking about a trip from the US to Paris and
back--hardly exotic countries! And he was not going to take the film through
several airports, just once outbound and once going back. Under those
circumstances, and given the two countries involved, I refuse to believe
that his 400 film would be harmed. I agree with you that if you go to third
world countries, or provincial airports in Eastern Europe or Russia, then
there may be some danger.

Nathan

Bernard wrote:

> Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>
> > I would not be concerned at all. As long as you do not put the film in
> > checked baggage, two trips through the carry-on security check will
> > not harm a 400 film, various urban legends notwithstanding.
>
> It's not an urban legend if you travel the world, though. Do you really
> have so much confidence in the maintenance crew of those x-ray machines
> in more exotic countries? I'm look an x-ray punctured TMX negative right

Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland
e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator
Belgium photo page: http://members.xoom.com/wajsman