Subject: Re: [Leica] Film & Airport Security X-Ray Machines
From: ARTHURWG@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 17:19:17 EST

I use lead bags-- the large one by Optec holds a lot of film. I carry the
film in a carry-on bag and let it go through the xray gizmo. If it's ultra
fast film like Delta 3200, I place it in a smaller lead bag inside the big
one. Sometimes I am asked to open  the bag-- when they see it's film they let
me through-- Often they just let it pass. I try to unload my cameras before
flying.  On a recent trip tp India, where security is very tight, my lead
- -shielded film was xrayed numerous times-- sometimes three times per flight--
without damage.