Subject: [Leica] Re: Ciba
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 16:32:32 -0800

There are several types of Ilfochrome (formerly Cibachrome). Ilfochrome
Rapid and Ilfochrome Classic. There are three contrast grades of Ilfochrome
Classic. Low, medium, and normal. Normal being what we are used to with
Cibachrome. Ilfochrome Classic is the Cibachrome replacement. Ilfochrome
Rapid is a little different but when looking at a print, you cannot tell
one from the other. I have always used Cibachrome, then Ilfochrome Classic
normal but my local lab, which prints a lot of my stuff, uses Ilfochrome
Rapid. If I have a contrast problem, I use a mask. About 33% of my
Cibachrome prints are masked.

Jim