Subject: Re: [Leica] Film & Airport Security X-Ray Machines
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 20:53:27 -0700

Alas I just glance at Shutterbug and only buy when I am looking for
something. Pop Photo October 1999 page 52 has an in-depth article on the
CTX-5500 x-ray machine and its nefarious ways. I cannot remember which
publication I read about the technology migrating to the carry-on x-ray
machines. It was just a note referring to the earlier articles and
announcing that it was coming to the carry-on as well. The original poster
was travelling to France so he would only have his film scanned once on
return if he removes all the packaging, puts it in clear bags and requests
hand inspections on the way out.

John Collier