Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] pointless debate about speaker cable
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 13:52:06 EST

In a message dated 3/13/00 10:45:03 AM, austin@darkroom.com writes:

>Actually, that is not true.  In SOME systems, cables can have a dramatic
>difference, in other systems, the difference is minimal, if at all.  This
>IS a fact, like it, believe it, understand it, or not.

Man, I'd hate to spend $600 on cables and then discover that my system was
one of those where "the difference is minimal, if at all."

In any case, I'll bow out of this discussion where I started. I'm not an
audiophile. I am a music fan and truly enjoy stereo equipment but I use stuff
that enthusiasts/snobs would turn their noses up at. Would I like to have a
$10,00 audio system? Oh maybe but if I won the lottery I doubt it would be
one of my first purchases. My pawn shop gear is sufficient for my needs and
my four systems (living room, den, workshop and darkroom) all together
probably cost less than your cables.  You're right, I don't get it. BTW, I
wouldn't pop for Leica lenses either if they didn't fit my rangefinders . . .
.

Bob (among the great unwashed) McEowen