Subject: [Leica] 19mm manual?
From: Chris Hoover <cdhoover@invitrogen.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:38:44 -0800

Does anyone have a manual for the 19mm lens (later design with filter
turret)?
I just bought one (in spite of Ted's recent contest) from a fellow LUG
member
but am looking for a manual or photocopy of the manual ...
Wonder if I can get a copy of the manual from Leica for under $100?

Regarding the slide scanner, has anyone tried the Polaroid SprintScan?
I'm looking for a slide/neg scanner and really like the Nikon's
SuperCoolScan, but
Wonder if they'll soon offer a higher resolution version like the 4000 ppi
Polaroid.

I would guess that with 2700 dpi scans of 35mm negs, you can print nice
8x10s and
acceptable 11x14s (at 300dpi with an Epson or similar inkjet). But with 4000
dpi scans,
you should be able to make pretty good 16x20s.

Thanks,
Chris Hoover

PS: Use a G3/400 at home. Made wife nervous recently by setting up LAN ...