Subject: [Leica] cosina 25 mm & tests: different series ?
From: Franck Maubuisson <fmaubuis@club-internet.fr>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:49:06 +0100

I recently bought a Cosina 25 mm. I shot only a few photographs with it, but can already tell it seems to have the quality and defects described in Erwin Putts tests (very
sharp in the center, and less on the borders), rather than the ones described by Chasseur D'Images (very homogenous, a more "european" philosophy).
Mine seems to give a really low distortion (not annoying even on photographs of buildings). When confronted th very high contrast, it's more flary than a leica lens and
gives star-like effects arount very brillant points.

As I do think both E.P. and C.I.are really honest, I wonder if Cosina produced different series of this lens or if I'm not good at reading their tests

Anyway, the lens is pretty good and wonderfully light and easy to use and I like it.

Franck