Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Summaron comments solicited
From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:26:05 +0000

on 14/3/00 6:27 pm, Xavier Planellas at xplanell@openbank.es wrote:

> I don't know if the 35/2.8 Summaron performs better than the
> 35/3.5.

I've said this before, but I had a 35/3.5 Summaron and it was a pig. Like
any leica lens it was sharp as a needle around f8, but I never seem to have
that much light, and at 3.5.... yuk. In any case, 3.5 is one stop too slow
in many situations. Moreover, it was a goggled M3 lens, which is an
ergonomic nightmare.

Not one of Leica's high points, IMHO.

- --
Johnny Deadman