Subject: RE: [Leica] Summaron comments solicited
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 13:34:07 -0000

Roland,
if you like character in your lenses, that 35/1.5 comes with it in spades.
Best seen at full aperture with a close focus then look at the backround
recede and the vignetting occur. The abberation sweeps into the four corners
and the plane of focus is thrown towards infinity at the extremes too.
Weird and wonderful...
I'd debate the 'good conttrast' but then mine has had a hard life (before
me) and has probably lost some coating and a few chips of glass too. But
it's got a good weight and feel to it, very ergonomic.

Jem