Subject: [Leica] Summaron lens comments
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:34:14 EST

In a message dated 3/14/00 8:10:12 AM,
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us writes:

<<  I'm interested in hearing comments about either of the old Summaron-M
> lenses, either the f/2.8 or the f/3.5, either M-mount or screwmount.
> Anybody used one? >>

I've used both the Summaron 2.8 and 3.5. Both are excellent lenses. Indeed
they should be similar since the design is identical except for the 1/2 stop
wider opening on the later 2.8. For shooting in fair light or better, any
more expensive lens is overkill. As an alternative, however, you might
consider the Canon 35mm 2.8 screw mount as originally fitted to the last
generation of RF Canons. This lens is equal to or even slightly better than
the Summaron as is about half the price on the used market. With a screw to M
converter it works fine on any M series and is an ideal lens for the CL.
Simply use the full frame of the CL as a finder.

Incidentally - I use an iMac DV computer. It's the best home computer I've
ever used in a quarter century in the high tech electronics business.

LarryZ