Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V16 #77
From: LP6@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 09:50:15 EST

Re:  Chemistries & EDTA Thread Has Caught my Interest:

EDTA:  Ethylene Diamino Triacetic Acid

Interests me in view of its "alternative medicine" application (thirty +
years now)  to alleviate clogged arteries via the mechanism of chelating
(pulling, clawing) out bivalent calcium from plaque and thereby loosening and
dissolving plaque.

Alals, this procedure works for some patients; not all.  Optimal IV infusion
method, in my view, should run an IV drip of  3 hours (Not a short 90
minutes).  Minimum of 30 treatments at a cost that can run $90 - $125.00
each).  There is a Chelation Medical Society in business for over 30 + years.
 AMA approaved for toxic metal loads and especially Pb removal!  It is used
in many others ways (preservative); but, the chelation of old arteries is
what interests me and I've followed this practice in preventive, alternative,
complementary etc. medicine now for over 30 years.
Strange I should be encountering EDTA on the LUG!

Leon
LP6@aol.com

P.S.:  About myself:  Leon Pomeroy, Ph.D., Formerly, Editor-In-Chief, Journal
of the International Academy of Preventive Medicine (JIAPM), and Past
President of IAPM.   President of the Hartman Institute devoted to the
Scientific Study of Values, VValuation and Morals and involved with Values &
Morals Research around the world.  I now subscribe to Leica Digest only...
having too little time to follow the LUG on a daily basis. I make good use of
my SL2, R5, M5 with 80mm F1.4; 60mm Macro F2.8;  50mm F1.2; and 35mm F2.8
lenses.  Just returned from Bali, Singapore, Amsterdam, Brussels, Antwerp,
Warsaw, Krakow etc. shooting mainly Kodachrome 64 and 200.  I regularly
attend the Leica Seminar at Cape Cod or Kennebunkport nd greatly enjoy the
antics and wisdom of Ted Grant-our current Leicameister at these gatherings-
and learned much from the incomprable Walter Heun over fifteen years.