Subject: Re: [Leica] Flatbed Film Scanner
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 22:42:15 -0500

I have the parallel port version of the same scanner, the Acer 620 PT.  It
works pretty well for web use but doesn't have the resolution to make very
big prints from negatives.  I agree it does take a lot of fiddling to get
the proper brightness range from it.  I do mostly use it for black and
white.  All of my web page photos were scanned with this scanner.  I don't
think at that resolution you can tell which were scanned from prints and
which came right off the negative.

I did notice that if you leave it on for a long time that the dark areas get
a lot of sparkles in them.  I just turn it on when I'm going to use it.  Of
course then I have to reboot to get the (Win-98) computer to recognize it.

Mike Durling
KD4KWB
http://www.widomaker.com/~durling/