Subject: RE: [Leica] 50mm f1.5 Nokton question
From: "Anders Nygren" <anygren@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 21:11:19 -0600

De: A.H.SCHMIDT <horsts@primus.com.au>

<snip>

>In my opinion, Cosina could not care less about the history or the accuracy
of
>this lens names. It is a shame. But then what do you expect, if a company
is to
>ashamed to use
>there own name on the products they manufacture.

But they do sell it under their own name too. We have seen them sold under
the Cosina name here on the LUG and I have seen in a Spanish photo mag
an ad for the Bessa-L but with the name Cosina SW-102 or something like
that.

I would guess that the use of the Voigtlander name is just to ride the retro
wave
in Japan.

/Anders Nygren