Subject: [Leica] RE:(Leica) Almost Ready to Take the Plunge
From: Tom Finnegan <tomf@piengr.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 08:14:16 -0800

Buzz wrote:
...if I were you, I would consider determining what I can spend and
divide that amount between an entry level 50 and 35-- and there are plenty
of fine and less expensive Leica lenses out there-- and work with them for
while.  Then YOU can decide which is THE lens and give advice to others
after you trade both at very little lost value for the latest and greatest
50 or 35.

I think that this is an excellent idea. For years all I had for my M6 was
the 35/1.4 (pre-asph). I knew I wanted something longer to go with it, but
I wasn't sure if I should get a 50 or 90. So last year I went out and
bought the 50/1.5 and 85/2 Jupiter lenses. They were cheap, even with the
extra cost of the adapters, and they gave me a much better feel for the two
focal lengths. Now that I know what works best for me it's just a matter of
saving up the money to get it.

Tom Finnegan