Subject: [Leica] Re: 35/1.4 ASPH lense shade...is this thing a joke? NO!
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:55:29 -0800

My feeling about my 35/1.4 ASPH is exactly 180 degrees different from
yours. It not only is my favorite M lens, its look and feel are absolutely
perfect in all respects. Aperture ring movement, focus ring movement, and
my shade locks on perfectly and the rubber shade cap also locks on. I
carried an M6 and this lens for the whole month of September 1998
throughout Europe, sixty rolls of film, from the depths of the London
Underground during rush hour to the top of Jungfraujoch, Switzerland.
Everything performed flawlessly. And the hood/cap design worked out to be
perfect.

For my money, it could not be better. I would have them change nothing!

Jim