Subject: [Leica] New Posters
From: "Owen P. Evans" <opevans@istar.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 17:23:49 -0500

Good evening to one and all,
    Having followed this thread for a couple of days, I thought that I'd
take this opportunity to "UN-lurk" myself and say hello to all of you. My
name is Owen Panagiotis Evans and I'm half Welsh and half Greek but I lived
all of my life in Canada. My best friend is a regular contributor to the LUG
and a self admitted Leicaholic; his name is, Paul Chefurka.
    I have lurked your Group for a couple of years because I enjoy the fun
that is had herein. I enjoy the writings of several individuals and moreso,
I enjoy drinking single malts while reading the daily LUGnews. I have been
drinking single malts for almost thirty years and there aren't many which I
haven't sipped at one time or another. Paul and I have certainly shared more
bottles than I care to disclose, else you think me a lush.
    Paul has tried his damnedest to convert me to Leica cameras but I've not
been able to warm to the M series ( my hands are too big ) and I certainly
don't want to start collecting new glass for an R series. I have made photos
with N-k-n cameras for about 30 years and so far they haven't let me down.
My favourite type of photography is Macro and I specialize in floral
photography. If I ever change cameras it will be a larger format that starts
with "H"
    I am a subscriber of the Nikon Mailing List and contribute regularly
therein. Thankyou for the opportunity to say hello and thankyou for the
countless hours of enjoyment that you provide in this, the LUG. ( By the
way, I really know a lot about Leica cameras from lurking the LUG...thanks
also for the education!)
    I raise a dram of 1978 Ardbeg to all of you.!
Cheers,
Owen

"By concentrating on precision, one arrives at technique;
But by concentrating on technique, one does not arrive
at precision! "