Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: concert shooting (was Leica Camera-Handling)
From: "Mark Rutledge" <markrut@ticnet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:20:56 -0600

Dave,

This is an interesting topic, of which I am not overly familiar with( don't
shoot concerts) but which piques my curiosity.
- - Does Charlie Parker's estate or his descendants(if he has any) profit from
these illegal recordings? Is this going to ultimately become a "the ends
justify the means discussion", which is what it seems you are advocating.

- -If you photograph/tape a musician w/o their consent and then in turn profit
from it, isn't that a bit shady? What if someone in turn "illegally" uses
your photo/recording and profits from it, do you have a leg to stand on?

Just curious,

Mark Rutledge
markrut@ticnet.com