Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: concert shooting (was Leica Camera-Handling)
From: Harrison Mcclary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:44:41 -0600

once upon a time Bmceowen@aol.com wrote:

> Hey, I don't understand why musicians don't want photos taken but they don't.
> Apparently it is a copyright isssue or at least an attempt on their part to
> preserve the value of their image.

Bob,

Ever tried to shoot a guild play?  Forget it. They will not allow you to
photograph, not even the stage set when no one is on it.  At least this has
been my experience.

They are performance art and they feel photographing it gives something of
it away for free, I guess.  The musicians are the same.

- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net