Subject: Re: [Leica] Focusing at infinity
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 20:11:35 -0800

> I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I just can't see what the heck
> difference it makes one way or the other, as long as the range finder
> puts you right on the mark when you focus.  Curious?

ted, because another LUGer told me that the lines on the lens were correct
and to us them and my 10 foot tape to "calibrate" the rangefinder.

You know, I fit it pretty well on this list because I do not use happy faces
either.  But I will tell you for sure you all are more fun than a barrel of
monkeys.

Speaking of monkeys.   Have you heard the story about one hundred monkeys,
in one hundred years, with one hundred typewriters, could...

If I collected all the different advice I have received on this issue, and
others I have brought up over the last couple years, you would all be
rolling in the aisles.   So I sorta pick and choose whatever sounds like the
best idea I have heard so far and run with it.

Like your idea Ted about taking photos and getting them developed.

I finished up a roll of slides this PM with the new 135mm lens and I will
know a lot more about the lens and my camera in a couple-three days.  The
photos at middle distances were focused with the rangefinder and the ones at
infinity(like the moon and airplanes landing at SeaTac airport) could not be
focused so I just turned the focus ring until it would not turn any farther
and shot away.

I bet the photos will be just fine and I will stop trying to re-engineering
my beautiful Leica gear. Though it was kinda fun collecting data and
attempting to figure out what was wrong and what was right.       Dale
- ---
$ dale-reed@worldnet.att.net    Seattle, Washington USA $