Subject: RE: [Leica] e-Bay Self Promotion
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 12:09:54 -0500

I, personally, believe it's fine for anyone to post about eBay (or any
other auction, news group, dealer etc. for that matter), here, unless it is
SPECIFICALLY ruled against.  Is it?  So what if it attracts more bidders?
 It's up to the individual bidder to pay what s/he thinks is fair, no
matter what any other bidder bids.

After all, isn't this a Leica list?  Shouldn't items of Leica interest be
posted here?  Leica items for sale anywhere, may be of interest to me.  Is
it that eBay is making money via commission?  Is it because there are
bidders who overpay for items, or outbid people who are hoping to get a
'sweet' deal (I hear that one a lot)?  There are a number of dealers who
put items for sale on this list, and they are making money.  I have no
problem with that.

I do have a problem with the price of eBay stock though.  It makes that
$5,550 lense shade look like a bargain at 10x the price!