Subject: [Leica] flat film plane
From: Robert Appleby and Susan Darlow <laintal@tin.it>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 12:29:11 +0100

> > > Tests show that the emulsion/filmplane  in a Hasselblad
> > > is far from flat and even
> >
> > What tests would you be referencing?  I have never seen this
> > 'problem'. Perhaps, I am just not astute enough, and you could help me
> > identify it.  I have 20,000+ negatives, and I am sure if it were such
> > a problem, I would easily be able to identify it on some of them with
> > some help.

Perhaps it depends to seom extent on how you use the camera. I recall - I
briefly used a Hasselblad in the Early Eighties - that if the film was left
in the back overnioght it would develop a hump where it went over the very
sharp roller bend and this would put the plane out of focus in the next
frame. I don't know if this is what Erwin was talking about.
Rob.
Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow
Via Bellentani 36
41100 Modena