Subject: Re: [Leica] apo 90 versus 4/150
From: Jeff Spirer <jeffs@hyperreal.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 08:37:58 -0800

At 09:36 AM 3/19/00 +0000, Mike Johnston wrote:

>Our research specifically and conclusively disproves the above
>statements. We made the prints, and showed them to a panel of viewers.
>The viewers decisively and overwhelmingly chose the medium-format prints
>as being of higher quality at this size.

I have to add that my experience, strictly from shows of my work, have had
the same results.  Not scientific, but it's what matters.  I have rarely
sold large prints from 35mm, as opposed to 120, regardless of camera.

I would add that the solution to the reverse curl problem is the Mamiya 7,
a natural for rangefinder users, and a larger negative to boot.

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/