Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm versus 120
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 09:18:50 -0800

Austin Franklin wrote:

> That makes NO sense.  I know dozens of VERY experienced MF shooters, as
> well as I am certainly one, and I do nothing 'special' to 'keep my film
> flat'.
>
> What, exactly, do 'experienced MF shooters' DO to supposedly keep the film
> flat?
>
><Snip>
I agree Austin:
They most likely don't keep a half shot roll of film sitting in a back for too long.
They/we/I tend to put a roll in and shoot it, it's in most cases only a roll of
twelve after all.
Shooting number 7 from a half exposed roll in a back that has been sitting
around is going to be on something critical?
Anything of any consequence is going to require the shooting of a fresh roll.
I know many pro shooters but have never heard of a reshoot or a ruined shot
because of a film flatness problem.
Although logically and scientifically that problem should certainly exist!
Mark Rabiner