Subject: [Leica] Grain is good!
From: Mitch Alland <malland@mac.com>
Date: 20 Mar 2000 05:55:44 -0500

Mike Johnston>>>>>And
>since I don't care a whit about resolution of ultra-fine detail and I
>don't mind grain--in fact like a bit of it--the choice of fast
>film is easy.

A couple of years ago, in a fit of enthusiasm for digital imaging, I thought that I would use only one film, both for color and B&W, which I understand some newspapers do. I then tried made some B&W digital prints from Ektachrome 100S that I compared with the same shots on FP4+ and Delta 100. The results were that I liked the prints from the B&W film better than those from the E100S because of the suggestion of "grit" that the latter lacked.

- --Mitch