Subject: Re: [Leica] What are your secrets to handheld shots?
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 08:15:43 EST

In a message dated 3/20/00 2:28:08 AM, deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk writes:

<< With a Leica M and a lens of 35 or wider you should be able to hold 1/4
second like this to an acceptable level of pictorial sharpness with relative
ease. I'm not a very steady person (too much coffee in the mornings and beer
at night) but I can, repeatably. >>

I've found that I can hold steady very reliably at 1/15 and 1/8 but I'm
constantly disappointed with my results. It seems so often my subjects can't
hold still that long. Unless I capture the subject at the absolute peak of a
gesture I'm screwed. I can tell you how many absolutely smeared heads my
recent proof sheets have included. I'm having to consciously go back up to
1/30 in a lot of situations just to record the "action."

Bob (looking for the peak moments) McEowen