Subject: Re: [Leica] f2.8 90mm Elmarit (Thin) Survey
From: CapsTeeth@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 08:27:02 EST

In a message dated 3/19/00 11:53:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tom@kachadurian.com writes:

<< The 90 Elmarit with which I replaced it is free of flare in all the
 shooting I encounter. They weigh a bit more, but lately they're
 available for $750 or less. For my money its a better choice.

 Tom >>
I agree absolutely.  Money-wise I think the last non-APO Summicron might
become a great buy also.  I own the latest Elmarit and love it.  I kept the
T/E as well because of its size and because a set of 35-50-90-135 from that
era all take E39 filters and are all more compact than their current
counterparts.  For hiking they make a great set.  I hadn't noticed a flare
problem with my T/E but I've heard of it before.  I've used it with the
rubber hood, long metal hood (same for 135) and in a pinch even the vented
hood from the 35/50.  I can't remember when I used it open past f5.6, though.

Doc