Subject: Re: [Leica] 12575
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 13:45:52 -0600

Sadly, most of us (including me, most of the time) forget our basic economics -
for a company in business to make a profit, the appropriate price point for an
item is that which the traffic will bear.  (Real economists can tell us the
more technical term for it, no doubt.)  Personally, I've been just as surprised
at what N**** wants for a molded plastic bayonet hood for one of their consumer
zooms (or a branded lens cap, for that matter) - but they seem to sell enough
at the prices they charge to make it worth their while.

If we want Leica to be around for long into the future, we should all hope they
continue to do a good job of pricing their products at what the traffic will
bear.

Cheers,
Kip