Subject: RE: [Leica] 12575
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 14:59:35 -0000

Kip - The only problem with this philosophy is that it is equivalent to
saying, "What ever they charge, I will pay." Certainly Leica needs to
maintain a certain profit margin to continue to exist. But that existence
becomes less likely when they sell minor accessories at ridiculously high
prices:
It's one thing to charge $1995 for an M body; it's entirely another to
charge $80 for a viewfinder diopter - especially when Nikon, which also
charges plain silly prices for some of its add-ons, sells diopters for about
$18. Is the Leica diopter 3x as good? I really doubt it.

B. D.