Subject: [Leica] Need Info--Disassembly of M-3 Back Door For Repainting
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 11:10:28 EST

I have an old M-3 back door that is in dire need of repainting.  The pressure
plate and the hold down parts have been no problem.  However, removing the
film speed dial on the outside and the subassembly on the inside does not
appear to be an easy matter.

First, there appear to be small screws with no slot for a screwdriver.  Could
these be "pins" with no threads on them?

Would appreciate any assistance as I would like to clean up the back door,
repaint it and then send it to Sherry so she may install new covering.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Don R.

donjr43198@aol.com