Subject: RE: [Leica] R8 Investments (was Re: M6 Fugue)
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:32:44 -0000

On this point I think you are absolutely correct - the auto-everythings do
breed laziness and bad habits. Frankly, the thing that I like most about the
M is that it makes me THINK - Think about what's inside those little frame
lines; think about what's outside those little frame lines; think about
whether I want what's inside the lines outside, or what's outside inside;
think about whether I want more or less depth of field; think about whether
or not I want to stop or slow the action; think about how which shot to take
next because I can't just hold down the shutter release and fire off a
clip - er, roll......

HOWEVER...We live in an auto world, and for a reflex camera to compete, it
either has to be much less expensive than the autoeverythings, or be
autoeverything and then some....