Subject: Re: [Leica] The M6 Fugue
From: Michel LE <le@ilog.fr>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:16:41 +0100

Hi Dave,

At 05:07 AM 3/23/00 , you wrote:

>I submit that the fully manual camera offers something that the fully
>automatic camera cannot, and that is the ability to look at a subject and
>decide for yourself how it should be photographed, without reliance on wat
>an engineer or programmer considers an acceptable exposure most of the time.

I'am just curious, how come that when someone talks about a automatic M6,
the argument againts that move is that a "fully automatic" camera
cannot.... ? Frankly, a camera with apeture priority automatism is not a
fully automatic camera. The photog is always in control and decide how to
take a picture...

What creativity, control would you loose with an Hexar RF??? None, just set
your exposure in manual mode.

I can understand people not willing an AE because it might change the
smoothness or whatever of the mechanics. But the argument of "loosing
creativiy or control over exposure" due to aperture priority automatism is
not sound.

Bye.

Michel Le