Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: LUGThe M6 Fugue
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 13:06:07 -0500

Is it LCD or LED (do you know the difference, not meant insultingly,
because a lot of people don't know the difference)?  18 year old LCD is
pretty old LCD...  I didn't say they couldn't last longer than 10 years,
that is the MTTF number the vendors give...  If it is LCD, I assure you, it
will fade as time goes on, it's the nature of the material.

Another interesting MTTF number is for EPROMs (Electrically Programmable
Read Only Memory) ICs, that are used to store computer programs in a lot of
devices...  They start to 'lose' the programmed information after about 10
years or so...