Subject: Re: [Leica] minilux
From: Bernard <4829.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:31:45 +0300

Francesco Caciolli wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm new on this list; just a question about a used minilux: someone can tell
> me something on this 'little' camera? I mean general functioning, bz bz motor,
> battery, lens sharpness ..

A truly terrific camera. I've had mine for a while till I made some real
enlargements from the negs. I was stunned by the quality, so from then on, I
have taken the camera serious as a photographic tool: I can trust serious
picture-taking to this camera.

The next best feature of this camera is that it's quiet. The motor produces a
low-frequency sound, so in real life situations, no one hears it. Goes without
saying that the stutter is lots quieter than on any M camera.

Of course there are drawbacks, the main ones being the effort it takes to turn
off the flash, set EV compensation. The most frustrating "feature" is the lag in
the shutter release, but all p/s camera are the same in this department.

I have blacktaped my minilux (the flash too) and blacked out the letters on the
lens: an invisible, little camera. If I'd lose it, I'd get a new one the very
next day.

Bernard