Subject: Re: [Leica] minilux
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 22:14:12 +1100

Hello Francesco,

I am Rick's mum and I have had a Minilux for a year.  I find that I can
do most things with the Minilux that I can do with my husband's SLR
except change lenses, fit filters, or fit maxi lenses (those close up
ones).  I find that the camera has a lot of options.  I can use the
fully automatic on trips. For portraiture I can choose an aperture,
usually a 5.6 or 8 and then with light from the side I don't use a
flash.  The flash is turned off by 6 pushes on the button, which I don't
find hard at all.

I am absolutely thrilled to bits with the sharpness of the lens and the
finished results.  I suppose for a man's big hands the small buttons
could be a bit of a problem but I don't find it so.  I like being able
to take photos without having to have the flash on, as this camera seems
to need less light to still produce good shots.  Rick tells me this is
because the lens is fast.  I did a basic camera course which was based
on SLR cameras and what I learned there I can adapt for this camera.  I
took terrific baby shots by using white reflector card and natural light.

Mieke Dykstra