Subject: Re: [Leica] Photos on the Web
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 00:47:01 -0700

If they owned the right of reproducing the "photos" they would have right of
access to the neg/chrome. If I set up a web page that millions of people
were going to be posting files (of any kind) to and millions of other people
had free access to those same files, my lawyer would insist on a clause
similar to what the MSN site has to protect me from being sued. If I
downloaded one of Hans Pahlen's images off of the MSN site and use it
without permission, who are Hans Pahlen's lawyers going to sue? Lawyers go
for the money. I do not have much money ‹ and Hans is welcome to any of it
he finds useful :-) ‹ the lawyers will sue MSN for not  protecting his
copywrite! This all seems very basic and intuitive to me but then ..... :-)

John Collier