Subject: [Leica] MSN terms of usage
From: "Anders Nygren" <anygren@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:57:02 -0600

Ok, since I started this storm, and I get the impression that alot of
people are writing with out reading the actual terms of usage, You
can find them here.
http://www.msn.com/help/legal/terms.htm

The part that I have trouble with is the following section

"Microsoft does not claim ownership of the materials you
provide to Microsoft (including feedback and suggestions)
or post, upload, input or submit to any MSN Web Site or
its associated services (collectively "Submissions").
However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or
submitting your Submission you are granting Microsoft,
its affiliated companies and necessary sublicensees
permission to use your Submission in connection with the
operation of their Internet businesses including, without
limitation, the rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly
display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and
reformat your Submission; and to publish your name in
connection with your Submission.

No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of
your Submission, as provided herein. Microsoft is under
no obligation to post or use any Submission you may
provide and may remove any Submission at any time in
Microsoft's sole discretion."

More exactly this part

".........you are granting Microsoft, its affiliated companies
and necessary sublicensees permission to use your
Submission in connection with the operation of their
Internet businesses including, without limitation, the
rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display,
publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and
reformat your Submission; and to publish your name in
connection with your Submission."

This is not as John Collier suggested just to make
sure that the one that is posting the picture has the
right to do so.

/Anders Nygren