Subject: [Leica] leica recovering & deconstructions
From: Evilboy <BernardDelgado@excite.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 21:53:51 -0800 (PST)

Yes I have to agree. I just got the book a few weeks ago & its not detailed
enuff. Pics are too small. You definitely need one of those repair manuals
w/ exploded diagrams of the camera.
DONT LOSE ANY SCREWS!
SHerry has already sternly warned me not to disassemble any Leica cuz she
really doesnt like to finish jobs like that. SO I'm actually playing w/ an
inoperable FED from the `30's. So far, I have got the shutter working! Next,
restore the rangefinder double image. Shouldnt be too bad to replace the
mirror.

Also, I'm starting to notice grey leicas on the Market. Most purists restore
their leica w/ black leatherette BUT lately I see grey leatherette appears .
Sherry even mentioned that my BlackIII would look nice in grey leatherette.
After seeing a hot pink MP copy float around some camera shows, I was
wondering if any of you had thoughts on the subject of changing the color of
leicas & turning chrome leicas into lacquered leicas.

- -Bern(who would love to watch a good repair person strip down a leica jsut
for the evil pleasure)