Subject: Re: [Leica] Apology, lawyer joke
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 00:14:47 -0600

I'll second this sentiment.  As a lawyer in his fourth decade of practice, I
think Anders' remark was one of the kindest I've heard in recent years.  Even in
law school, one of our professors routinely used the firm of Dewey, Cheatem and
How in his exam questions (he also used Tinker, Evers & Chance on occasion) which
reminded those who were paying attention that a sense of humor was a valuable
asset for a lawyer.  Of course, there may be other cultures (than the US) where
lawyers are held in higher esteem and would be offended by the remark in
question, and if so then we have another f***y pack issue.

Cheers,
Kip