Subject: Re: [Leica] Shop & Shoot! Married's only!
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 19:23:58 +0100

Hi Ted,

I have a variation of this. Next weekend the Brussels-based photography
club, Viewfinders, has a group shoot in the UK, around Canterbury. I have
successfully convinced my wife to turn it into a family outing, the main
attraction for her being the ability to hop on a train to London and do
heavy-duty shopping there while I enjoy the Kent countryside with
like-minded people.

Nathan

Ted Grant wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> Here you are, "Shop & Shoot!"
>
> This is the way to get out for a solid day of comfortable picture taking
> without spouce carrying on about making a "photo widow - widower" out of
> them all the time.
>
> "Hey honey how'd you like to go shopping, you know, a nice day at the
> Mall?"  Immediately they are caught off guard!   In my case she'd think
> I'd finally flipped out completely instead of my usual partial. :)
>
> However, the truth is you want to have the day wandering about quietly
> looking for exicting images,  without spouce whinng in background, "How
> many pictures of that flower, whatever, are you going to take?  They all
> look the same anyway!"
>
> Some of you folks know exactly what I mean,  Right? :)
>
> So here's the plan,  "Hey honey how about we do a "SHOP & SHOOT?  You
> shop and I'll shoot,"  Man their eyes light up on cue to "SHOP!" And
> away you go! A happy carefree day of nothing on your mind than happy
> snapping the life and times before you.
>
> Key phrasing,   use.....  "SHOP"  first!   After that she wont hear
> another word! :)
>
> You, mentally free, enjoy your Leica shooting in the breeze. It's
> wonderful, trust me it works! :)
>
> ted
>
>  I wont be the drag ass along behind you and you wont feel impedided
> with me hovering around like a lost dog in heat!
> off

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch