Subject: RE: [Leica] Photos on the Web
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 14:55:19 -0500

> As far as making sense, how does it make sense to advocate working for
> less money?

Who's advocating that?  If you get paid what you want to for the job, how
are you making less money?

> If you don't think you are making less than you could then perhaps
> you should do some research and find out how every other commercial
> photographer works.

Not every other.  I do know how they work, thanks.  That doesn't make it
right, now does it?  There are a LOT of teenage pregnancies these days, so
because it 'happens' more, does that make it right?

> You, as Greg also pointed out, are doing yourself and everyone else a
> disservice in this business. It's astounding and exasperating that you
> should adhere so vehemently to a methodology that is shortsighted and
> damaging.

Well, I feel the same way about people who were paid to do a job, then
believe, for some unexplainable, non-rational reason (aside from that the
law is on their side, which doesn't mean it's right, by they way, not all
laws are 'right', they are just laws), believe they are entitled to garner
more from a job they were already paid to do it!  That is exasperating AND
astounding to me also!

Age old liberal v conservative issue...