Subject: Re: [Leica] Photos on the Web
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 12:11:28 -0800

Ladies & Gentlemen,

Fore soothe, you are beating on this poor gentleman, Austin Franklin,
for nothing!

It is obvious that he has stated his work method, as much as we may
abhor his method, we do not have a hope in hell that we can change the
poor (monetary) man's mind and his ways!

He is obviously someone I'd not shoot an assignment for if he insisted
on his method of using my photography ad nauseum use without correctly
paying residuals.  However, I do believe we should have sympathy for him
as he has cast aside multi-thousands of dollars over the years while
insisting in his "give my work away for nothing" method.

The shame of it is, his method makes it extremely difficult for us more
astute businessmen to deal with many of the mentally challenged people
who already think that what we do is "just a snap!" And don't understand
they are buying a creative eye and mind, not a P&S master!

Remember, KISS!  Keep it simple stupid, don't beat your brains out on
this man and his method! You're in a no win situation to make him change
his ways!

So folks pass on this topic and do some picture taking to relax.

ted