Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 11:49:57 -0700

The first Noctilux was made from 1966 to 1975 and had a maximum aperture of
f1.2. This lens used aspheric elements that were expensive to make and thus
the lens was very expensive and low production (aprox. 2000 units). In 1976
a new Noctilux of f1.0 in maximum aperture was introduced that offered
superior performance and a relatively more reasonable price. This version is
still in production.

John Collier