Subject: Re: [Leica] Shame on You All, and Kindly, Lay Off!
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 01:08:48 EST

In a message dated 3/25/00 8:38:14 PM Central Standard Time,
bcaldwell@softcom.net writes:

<< wyer who
 doesn't mind. This is the "my best friend is one" reaction. Think about the
 effect of your words before you post them in a public forum. As Marc said,
 shame on you.

 Getting off my high horse,

 Bryan

No wonder the public looks upon us as a bunch of pompous asses if lawyers
really do think they are the chosen few and should be placed on a pedestal!
Don't forget, we are just a commercial enterprise that monopolizes the yellow
pages like the taxicabs and other hucksters.

Just because we went to law school does not mean we deserve anymore respect
than the next person.  Each lawyer must earn respect and telling others what
they should or should not post isn't going to have that effect.  That's just
the old "political correctness" racket that most have caught onto and are
sick and tired of hearing and reading such nonsense.  God forbid the day when
each of us has to obey the rules established by someone else regarding what
we think and say.  Reminds me of the new definition of a bigot: "anyone who
thinks differently than I do."

Maybe it is the lawyers on the LUG that have been intolerant of the remarks,
comments and thoughts of the others.  Although freedom of speech is a dying
concept, lawyers should do their best to defend it.