Subject: Re: [Leica] White dot on the bottom of lense cases?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 06:26:09 -0800

"lucien@ubi.edu" wrote:
> It make it easier to write on it.
> That's all.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Pascal wrote:
<<<<<No big deal but, just for fun, I have often wondered about this
myself.
Aren't some dots actually grey instead of white? >>>>>>>>

You guys have it all wrong! :)

It's like here in Canada when people are trained how to lay green grass
sod during landscaping....
Difficult at times, however, it's over come by explaining, " remember
it's green side up!" :)

As in future photographer handling...............

"Remember it's white dot down!"  Then everybody knows not to open the
case with the "white dot up!" :)

I trust you appreciate this explanation as it's such a highly technical
and crucial question to using a Leica lens. :)

ted