Subject: RE: [Leica] Photos on the Web, TED!! help?
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 09:16:14 -0500

> >>It was NOT your idea, you only took the pictures!  How much did you
taking
>>> the pictures add to the success of the assignment?

> Sorry, I know I promised to let this go, but it seems that we found the
crux
> of your position.
> "You only took the pictures" says a lot about the value you place on your
> work and photography in general. I guess for you it  doesn't matter who
> pushes the button, the photographer isn't contributing anything to the
> "success" of the shoot.

Wrong.  You are putting words in my mouth.  Of course it DOES matter, in
most cases, who "presses the button".  As a professional photographer, I
know what I bring to the table, I know what my talents and weaknesses are.
 I also am not so arrogant to believe it is I and only I who necessarily
makes the shoot successful.  Everyone involved in the shoot is responsible,
to different degrees, in making the shoot successful.

I absolutely made no judgement in the use of the word 'only'.  YOU are
placing the judgement on it.  It was not used in a demeaning way at all.
 It is a fact, the photographer does only take the pictures, for the most
part, if there are models, an art director, etc. involved.  Sometimes, the
photographer plays more than just photographer.