Subject: Re: [Leica] Waterproof Leicas?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 08:39:49 -0500

At 08:22 AM 3/28/00 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 3/28/00 6:33:54 AM Central Standard Time,
>images@InfoAve.Net writes:
>
><< http://www.tinamanley.com >>
>Tina:
>
>That must have been one heck of a trip!
>
>Have you checked out the "Pelican" type cases.  I use the small ones for
>carrying stuff diving and have never had the contents get wet or broken. They
>are a heck of a lot more sturdy than aluminum cases and are water proof at
>the surface.
>
>Don R.

Hi, Don -

It was!  Everything I owned was soaking wet for a week.
The Pelican case is what I plan to use to carry all of my cameras but
one.  I'd like to leave one out for shooting.  I've e-mailed EWA.  I like
to cover all bases so I'll probably end up taking a waterproof
point-and-shoot like Ted recommends and taking a M6 in the EWA housing to try.

Thanks for your help -

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com