Subject: Re: [Leica] Waterproof Leicas?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 05:05:16 -0700

I must second this opinion. I own a Nikonos IVa 35/2.5 and it is a real work
horse. If it gets filthy I just rinse it under a tap. My front element got
toasted one day and N**** replaced the entire optical unit for $125US!!! The
only thing being do not change film under water! Sounds ridiculous, but one
local chap bought a new Nikonos V and insisted that the manual said it was
OK to change film underwater! He was really dissed that no one would even
bother sending it out to see if he could get warranty. Tough camera.

John Collier