Subject: Re: [Leica] EDTA/XTOL
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:31:44 -0800

Johnny Deadman wrote:

> on 28/3/00 3:50 pm, LP6@aol.com at LP6@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Re:  Chemistries & EDTA Thread Has Caught my Interest:
> >
> > EDTA:  Ethylene Diamino Triacetic Acid
> >
> > Interests me in view of its "alternative medicine" application (thirty +
> > years now)  to alleviate clogged arteries via the mechanism of chelating
> > (pulling, clawing) out bivalent calcium from plaque and thereby loosening and
> > dissolving plaque.
>
> Since Xtol contains EDTA as well as  Vitamin C, shouldn't we be drinking it
> instead of developing in it?
>
> --
> Johnny Deadman
I think last week on Rec.photo.darkroom the eminent Richard Knoppow was saying
that EDTA is the difference between D76 and Microphen. I forget which one had
the EDTA in it as I don't think it's advantage is great. Hope i didn't get this
too wrong! I often mix up Dektol (D72) or D76 from scratch and I ain't got no
EDTA! I've been feeling I can live without it! Maybe not!
mark Rabiner