Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica in Japan was: Leica in Canada
From: Mikiro <arbos@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 11:22:43 +0200

Mitch,

Yes, there are many dealers that sell gray market Leicas with competitive
prices.  However, few of them can rival Lemon in terms of stock size,
knowledge, after-sales service, and more importantly sincerity to customers.
I meant to say that a dealer relied upon by many customers is invaluable to
Leica.  It takes years of effort to build such a human relationship.  Price
is important, but it is not the only factor which makes people buy things.

I heard that Lemon is under negotiation with Solms, because they want to
continue Leica sales.

Cheers,

Mikiro