Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica in Japan was: Leica in Canada
From: Mikiro <arbos@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 14:51:16 +0200

Ken,
I confirmed that Lemon will not be an authorised dealer from June.  Fellow
Leicaphiles in Japan take it as a very serious problem.  Lemon has
contributed more to spreading Leica (or even creating a Leica boom) in Japan
than any other dealers.  Many, including me, would not have bought Leica if
it had not been for Lemon Co.  IMO, this event will be a big loss to Leica.
Although I do not know whether Lemon will sell gray-market Leicas from June,
Leica sales will probably drop in Japan.  Is Solms trying to throw away a
wide spread association among camera freaks in Japan, "Leica = Lemon Co."?
In any case, one thing is obvious.  Users are disappointed.

Cheers,

Mikiro
http://arbos.silva.net